I’m here with over a thousand people from around the globe. I absolutely love this part of my job.
Over the next few weeks, I hope to post daily pictures and funny country stories. And, I think I might create a questionnaire to distribute to all 40 countries, because when do you have that much access to so many different people? Here are a few of the questions I’d ask:
1. Name three national heroes.
2. What is your favorite quote?
3. If you could travel to a new country, where would it be?
4. What is your favorite American food? What is your favorite food from your country?
5. Name your second least favorite American President. (I am removing Bush for obvious reasons)
6. What are your three most favorite words in your native tongue?
7. What is your national drink? (alcoholic)
8. What is your favorite national tradition?
9. What is your favorite swear in your language?
10. Related question: How do you say fuck in your language? (this is very valuable information for me)
That’s all I got so far. I am tempted to open it up to fun questions such as,
True or false, you don’t get the hype over the Queen of England, either.
On a scale of 1-10, how much do you love/hate Americans? (this is my favorite question, really)
What is your national version of grilled cheese?
Do you believe in ice and cold beverages?
Follow-up: If not, is it because you have bad teeth?
Additional follow-up: Is teeth brushing a daily practice in your country and do you know how many flavors of paste are made these days?
Related question: Your thoughts on deodorant. Go.
What protein do you cook for Christmas dinner?
I have a lot of really inappropriate questions, but I’ll keep it simple and PG. I’d like to keep my job…
If anyone has any fun questions I can add to my questionnaire, I’d be happy to add. I get one chance a year and this is it.